Home -> View Lot
 

1971 Washington Redskins Team-Signed Football with (37) Autographs Including Hanburger, Taylor & Kilmer

Lot Number 1032

Quantity: Bid Starts: 02/26/2021 12:00:00 
Bid Open: 150.00  Bid Ends: 03/11/2021 23:30:00 
Bid Count: Overtime: 30 Minutes
Currently: 160.00  Time Left: Ended
View Count: 785   
     
    Previous Lot <--> Next Lot
 
Description



Under new head coach George Allen, the Washington Redskins ended a quarter-century postseason drought in 1971, with a 9-4-1 record and a wild card berth in the playoffs. Celebrate this gridiron redemption with this 1971 Redskins team-signed football. This Wilson commemorative model ball has a single white panel, embossed with "Washington Redskins 1971" in block lettering. Located across the three brown panels are (37) Redskins autographs, which look to be period signed. 60% Of these signatures present a pleasing potency average of ("7-8") including top stars Chris Hanburger (HOF), Charley Taylor (HOF) and QB Billy Kilmer; while the other 40% show light to moderate fading, to range as ("4" to "6"). 


Featured signers (with keys graded individually) are: Wilson factory labeled panel: Richie Petitbon, Jeff Jordan, Len Hauss, Ron McDole, Mike Hull, George Burman, Ted Vactor, Jack Pardee, Diron Talbert, Bill Malinchak; next panel: Billy Kilmer, Manny Sistrunk, Walt Rock, Charley Taylor, Bill Brundige, Bob Grant, Bob Brunet, Mack Alston, Jon Jaqua, Curt Knight, Mike Bragg, Charlie Harraway, Verlon Biggs, Pat Fisher, Chris Hanburger, (1) undetermined; last panel: Tommy Mason, Jerry Smith, Jimmie Jones, Mike Bass, Myron Pottios, Rusty Tillman, Sam Wyche, Jon Snowden, Brig Owens, Larry Brown and (1) undetermined. Auction LOA from JSA.

 



 
 
Pictures  (Click on Photo to Enlarge)